Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Job

I gave myself until November 1st to get a job and I just barely made it. As of Oct 31st I have been contracted by Chadwick International as a "School Safety Consultant".
A couple of months ago I redesigned the previous fire evacuation plan. Not to talk harshly about anyone but you know me, it was shit !! No real routes that had been researched, zero staff training and no plan. 40 hours of work and I had the kids dialed in. During our first drill I had everyone out of the building in under four minutes. So now I am following up with the needed additions and creating plans for the middle and high school facility.
I've all been sucked into some of the risk management work that hasn't been done.
Needless to say no more laying around on the couch with Watson and eating kimchi.
I'll be working on contract from school break to school break. In order to work as a consultant I had to change my visa status back to a regular tourist so I can only stay 90 days at a shot. We went to Japan for our anniversary and Singapore & the Philippines here we come for Christmas.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment