Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer School

While the boys have been "busy" with their summer camp by going to the beach and building forts... I have been fulfilling my educational duties by inspiring young minds. (-: The classroom of 20 first graders, teaching partner Tamarisk Low (from new Zealand), and I are having a great time as we spend the sunny Korean days in school. Here's a glimpse into our first couple of weeks....



A boat ride in the middle of Central park as we were studying water.



Testing balloon rockets when we were learning about gravity.



Bottle rockets! The kids created and "shot" their own rockets while learning about space then measured the distances of flight. Amazing what seven year olds can do with a bottle of water, a cork, and a bike pump! (-:



Ahhhh....spelling. We gotta learn how to spell. Making words with tiles is a lot more fun than writing things 10 times in a row however.



My teaching partner, Tamarisk, and I. Oh yes...we work really hard. It's a tough job this summer school thing, but someone's gotta do it! (-;

K

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment