Monday, October 29, 2012

A Korean Wedding

Mark and I attended our first true Korean wedding this weekend. The last wedding was half American an partially in English so we were thinking that it didn't count. (-;

Hanmi (the groom) worked security at Chadwick and is a lovely guy. So happy for him. He's also in the military so the wedding had all kinds of special pieces. Eunji (the bride) entered under a canopy of swords...so cool!










The handsome (yea...ok. I'm a sucker for a buffed up man in uniform) officers kept watch over the bride and groom during the proceedings.



My favorite part of the entire ceremony? When men and women from the "audience" came through the canopy to give single roses each to the bride and groom as a "goodbye".







We then all headed to the buffet hall for grub. There were three different weddings happening at the wedding hall so it was pretty crowded. Then again....everything is crowded in Asia.






It was a lovely afternoon. If I ever have another wedding I am definitely having some military swords involved! Oh wait....(-;
K

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment