Friday, February 7, 2014

House work

Now those that know me would say that I enjoy doing home repair/improvement projects, but the one thing I truly dislike is painting.  But those that know Kelly know that white just isn't made to be on walls.

So last week we picked out some paint and paid almost $90 for one can, just over a gallon in size.  I called the apartment service center and made an appointment for the maintenance crew to come measure and give me a price quote for the wall this morning.

Dude showed up at 9:00, I paid him 200 RMB, about $32, and by 11:40 two guys had arrived, taped edges, put two coats on the wall, cleaned up and were out of here.



And at the same time we needed a few more shelves and pictures hung on the concrete walls.  So the other maintenance guys came by with their hammer drill and punched 14 more holes.  

Meanwhile I had time to make some breakfast, play with Watson, and do some dishes.   I think I could get use to this.  To bad our ayi (house keeper/cook) Xiao Yu has been off for the Chinese New Year, now I have to go wash the sheets and figure out dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment