Monday, August 8, 2011

First weekend

Sunday the 7th of August was our first day with nothing scheduled or work related to do.  We slept in, had breakfast and went out for a walk.  Weather was nice, about 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees F) with a breeze.  We headed off and checked out some of the parks near by and an area called Dream City.  After our outing Kelly and Grant headed to the playground down below our apartment and I attempted my first meal.  See below for more details.

This is a big open park with a pond and walking paths across the street from our apartment
Grant and Dad checking out the fish below.  The building to the left of 306 in the distance is ours.
Mom checking out the goofs above
Lunch in Dream City.... The dude loves noodles.
After a hot walk we (Grant) needed to cool off in the fountain at our complex
I'm sure he is laughing at Dad, no way am I going to show you what I looked like
The apartment is plumbed with central vac system.  It's very cool and Grant was a great helper and cleaned up while Dad attempted dinner and Mom got some school work done.

For the cooks of you.  This is the Oven/Broiler/Microwave Combo Unit.  Took me an hour to figure out the directions in Korean and had to call a friend over to walk me through it.  So our stuff from Portland still hasn't arrived and I attempted burgers and very little else.  Lets just say we didn't starve and no one needed to head out and find McDonalds.

And that was our first relaxing day in.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment