Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our stuff has arrived

Kelly left Grant and I early this morning to head for school, she has a classroom to get ready for next Tuesday.  G and I took the Chadwick bus and headed in for breakfast.  (The school has been great.  They have provided breakfast and lunch for all the new teachers, spouses and children over the last two weeks.  An no it hasn't been kimchi, fish or rice.  Okay maybe rice here and there.)

After breakfast G headed off for his Kid Camp and I went to help Kelly work on the room.  She is making great progress.  

At 11:45 I headed off for the bus to take the quick ride back to the apartment, or "Flat" as many of the other teachers call it.  Low and behold I went to the right bus stop, got on the right bus, and made it back to the flat in under 30 minutes.  This is a new record for me.  As I made the turn around the corner of the building I see a moving truck.  Yeah!!!!!!  No island time here.  They say they will be there between 1:00-2:00 and they were her at 12:30.  Two hours later all 2320 lbs of stuff we shipped from Portland is unpacked, and gracefully stacked in our 1900 square foot apartment.  Grant came home and what a smile on his face, he was happy to see his toys.

Pictures of the flat to come soon.

Ready and waiting to move our stuff in.  Crown Moving Co. came through. 
Just a quick photo of G&K from our walk through Central Park Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment