Friday, August 26, 2011

The streets of Korea

Oh my... what an adventure I had yesterday, Thursday.  Lets start with a photo to give you an idea.

Yes, that is a car with a fancy GPS guidance contraption.  I had to venture to Incheon to see a physical therapist at INHA University Hospital. (whole other story that I'm not going to get in to)  

When I went Tuesday it was the crazy subway and taxi ride I wrote about earlier.  Well friends of ours, the Camerons, who are both staff at the school, said take the van, we don't need it.  I figured a 15 minute drive vs, 1 1/2 hours on bus, taxi one way, I'll drive.  Good thing I got my international drivers license before we left.

Surprisingly it wasn't to bad.  No wrong turns, got there on time and didn't seem to make anyone angry.  So all in all it was a success.  After school I ran another family back there and that run I started to fit in with the local drivers a bit more.  I'm going to have to take it in small steps.

On another note we had another "Firsts" in Korea.  G and K were at a new playground next to our complex and I walked up to get Watson.  As I was walking through our complex I saw one of the Korean neighbor girls.  She smiled at me and then her eyes lit up and she started yelling, "Watson, Watson, Watson" in here broken English. I still have people jump to the side, hug the wall and pray they aren't going to be........ Well I don't know what they are thinking, as we walk by, but the kids and some of the adults are starting to take a liking to him.  And I'm pretty sure he is loving all the attention.

So It's Friday today and not sure what the weekend holds for us.  We are thinking a day trip to a local island and beach. There is a beer festival starting tonight, just a few blocks away.  I'm sure myself and a few of the other dads will be walking that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment