Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just a day

Not much new to report today.  I took a trip to Incheon by subway yesterday.  Once I arrive I had to grab a taxi.  I have to say the Taxi drivers here are the nicest I've ever met.  So my 10 minute ride from the subway station cost me 3,700 won.  (approx. $3.70 US).  So I give the guy a 10,000 won bill, since I already knew what was coming, and he gave me change.  He handed me 6,000 back in cash and was digging for the 700 ($0.70) change.  In the states my $10 would have been gone and never to be seen from again.  I told him not to worry about it and I think he may have been offended.  (I don't think tipping is done anywhere around here)  

My second taxi ride for the day was a bit farther.  Driver quoted me 10,000 won.  As we were driving down the street we hit 10,000.  He said, "Guess I was off a bit", shut off the meter and drove me another five minutes to my destination.  10,000 won upon arrival.  What more can I say then WOW!!!

The weather is turning a bit.  On 78 degrees today with a great breeze.  Apparently yesterday was the "last day of heat" and now we move into the comfortable weather until November.  Guess it gets really cold then.

Hope everyone is doing well.  If you have questions about anything please feel free to leave a comment and I will get to them shortly.

Until then,

Cheers (as many of the teachers around the school say.  I'm digging all these new phrases :-)

1 comment: